We all know cleaning your make up brushes can be a seriously tedious job... but it is so important! Not only do clean make up brushes help protect your skin from bacteria that can collect on the brushes after usage, but cleaning thoroughly also extends the life of your make up brushes. I generally recommend giving your brushes (especially face brushes) a deep clean once a week to keep the break outs at bay.
My favourite way to clean make up brushes is with baby shampoo - it's so cheap but so effective! As the shampoo is designed for babies, the formula is gentle enough to not aggrevate your skin. Here are my top tips for squeaky clean make up brushes:
1. Wash each brush one at a time - it is important they are all washed properly rather than each of them getting a quick rinse.
2. Run your brush under a warm tap and make sure it is fully coated with water
3. Take some baby shampoo in the palm of your hand and swirl your brush in your hand. By doing this, you can press down to the ferrule of the brush and give all of the bristles a really deep clean!
4. Repeat this process until the water runs clear
5. Squeeze out any excess water from your brush
6. Reshape your brush with your hands
7. Lay down your brush on a towel and allow to air dry - the brush should be ready to use again in a day or two!
If your old make up brushes are still past saving even with our deep cleaning tips, don't worry! We have an amazing discount at the moment on our single brushes - just £5 each! Shop our 01 Sculpting Brush for precise application and 14 Blending Brush for effortless blending now and save up to £16.
If you wanna glam up your brush collection, check out our brand new personalized Make Your Mark brushes. These brushes are completely unique and you can add your own message - never before seen in the make up brush world! Shop here and create your own bespoke brushes.